This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Reservation Relevance/Generation of Purchase Requisition inp

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Reservation Relevance/Generation of Purchase Requisition inp

Postby 5tevie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17 am

HI All,

We currently have a lot of orders in the created status and also have have a long cycle time on our production orders. We currently have set external processed operations to create a PurReq when we create the production order. This means we have to many Ext Proc PurReq's in our system and the buyers are finding this very difficult to control. I have tried to change the Order Type to Create the PurReq when the order is Released instead of immediately to help reduce the amount of Req's in the system see steps below.

In the Order type depened parameters I have changed the "Reservation Relevance/Generation of Purchase Requisition" From "3 Create requisition Immediately" To "2 Create requisition on release"

The problem I am now facing is that when I then convert a Planned order to a Production Order I see the routing is still picking up the "3" setting in the Ext Processing Tab. But when I create the order manually via T_Code CO01, I find the the Routing then picks up the "2" in the EX processing tab.

Therefore converting MRP generated planned orders still creates the PurReq When manually created Production Orders creates the PurReqs on release.

Does anyone know if I'm missing any configuration steps? or where I'm going wrong?

Thanks & Regards
Stevie
5tevie

Re: Reservation Relevance/Generation of Purchase Requisition inp

Postby Ramarao » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:53 pm

That seems like a bug to me. Have you checked OSS? You may want to search on that field name.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Re: Reservation Relevance/Generation of Purchase Requisition inp

Postby Ramarao » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:01 pm

And I just did that (OSS check), out of curiousity.

Note # 1567876 (as of Dec 2011) clearly states that your system behavior is by design when converted from planned order. And there is another related note 1297627 that talks about any further components added after conversion directly into the order, where they go by the order type dependent parameters...

But there is some good news for you -- if the CO41 has to read your order type dependent parameters, there is a modification note # 391846 in OSS, which is brand new (dated 13-Jul-2012).. It has several prerequisite notes, and you can check the relevance to your system.
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Return to Logistics PP