Block PIRs for certain periods

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

MMPP

Block PIRs for certain periods

Post by MMPP » Tue May 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Hello fellow Sappers,

We use PIRs to produce materials throughout the year. They are entered in weekly buckets, and via production versions and routings we create our production plan.

We would like to be able to BLOCK certain materials from being able to be sold in certain weeks. For example, material 123456 can be sold throughout the whole year. Now material 654321 on the other hand is special and can only be sold from week 1 through week 13 and week 45 through 52.

Is there something that can be done in the PIR world to enable that functionality? I have played with production versions, but not creating PV's for certain weeks just leads MRP to back them up using whatever first routing it encounters, so that didn't work out too well. We could create some custom table to maintain materials and blocked weeks and such, just not sure how to integrate it into the PIRs.

Ramarao

Re: Block PIRs for certain periods

Post by Ramarao » Wed May 02, 2012 8:46 am

PIR is just for planning,not sales, is that right? So did you check your Sales and Distribution configuration to see if something exists to prevent sales orders? But based on what you say it might need a custom code, but either way it should be for the sales order than the PIR?
- Ramarao

MMPP

Post by MMPP » Wed May 02, 2012 9:31 am

We do Gross Requirements Planning with PIRs (Planned Independent Requirements). Sales orders come into play later (too late). I guess you are right, custom code would be needed. I thought there might be something available in the MD61 world. Thanks again!

MMPP

Post by MMPP » Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 am

I was just pondering - maybe all that is needed is a report that runs existing PIRs against a custom table and throws up alerts. Much easier than messing around with custom code in MD61.