Using specific group counter during CO15 confirmation

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

MMPP

Using specific group counter during CO15 confirmation

Post by MMPP » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:26 pm

We confirm production orders using CO15. Is it possible to set this up (substitution rule? user exit?) that confirmations are carried out using a particular routing group counter (say 0) instead of whatever group counter comes over from the production order?

Thank you!

Ramarao

Re: Using specific group counter during CO15 confirmation

Post by Ramarao » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:11 pm

CO15 is at the header level, therefore reference to the operations (routing) is irrelevant. What is your actual business purpose for this question?
- Ramarao

MMPP

Post by MMPP » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. Good point. But even though CO15 is at header level, isn't it still specific to a routing group counter? Obviously I am a bit lost...

Business purpose is costing. We don't settle production orders, and the costing folks want to get some information that is assigned to a "costing" group counter. The production group counters are set up with production data and selected via production versions.

Ramarao

Post by Ramarao » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:11 pm

This is not something that's expected to change at the time of confirmation, therefore it should come from the order properties.

You may be looking for a report rather, to link a posted confirmation linking to the group and counter? Fields PLNNR (group) and PLNAL (counter) are available on AFKO which you could link with confirmation tables to get this report.
- Ramarao

MMPP

Post by MMPP » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:27 pm

The costing folks want that for the purpose of GL postings and such, not just a report.

Ramarao

Post by Ramarao » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:33 pm

yes, but it should be in the order, not in the confirmation.
- Ramarao

MMPP

Post by MMPP » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Hmmm. But that would affect MRP... We use group counters to back off production, so group counter 1 might represent 3 weeks, 2 is 4 weeks, etc. Now the group counter used by costing would be say 1 day for some reason, and when confirming, the postings should be made accordingly. However, if I do that change in the production order, it will mess up the production dates.

Ramarao

Post by Ramarao » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:50 pm

I am, for some reason, unable to understand what you actually are trying to do here.

You're using order level confirmation - which means you're not posting hours against the operations. Rather, hours are assumed from the order as such in determining the actual costs (planned = actual) or pro-rated based on the yield.

Group counter refers to the routing selection - different group counters could mean different routings, or series of operations. But the order contained one such series already when you created and released it - and there is no further step at which you are changing this, if my understanding is correct.

Why then would you want to cost it according to a different routing, and not the one inside the order?
- Ramarao

MMPP

Post by MMPP » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:37 pm

This is something requested by our costing dudes, I am not too familiar with postings and such so that might explain why I can't bring this across.

Here is what they explained me:

We use different lead times for the different group counters. The "costing" group counter is a weighted average of those. This is the lead time they would always like to post, because there can only be one standard price for a material, and since we use different group counters all the time depending on the situation, they don't get their uniform standard cost.

So, again, what they want is that only a specific group counter (with a specific lead time) posts when confirming. For MRP purposes, we have to use the other group counters. I gather from all this that what they want is simply not possible.

Ramarao

Post by Ramarao » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:22 pm

Yes - in this case, it is not possible to manipulate the group counter (and hence the list of operations) from something other than mentioned in the order.

It may be possible to post an accounting adjustment posting via a custom program - and to turn off any accounting postings on labor hours at all, at the time of confirmation - but that's all what it is - a CUSTOM program.
- Ramarao

MMPP

Post by MMPP » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Thanks for your help & time - very appreciated!