Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

vaditya10

Capacity Evaluation Profile

Post by vaditya10 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Team
We want to carry out evaluation in
a. Work center load based on Firmed Planned Order and Process Orders
b. Work Center Load based on only un firmed PLanned Orders

Can some one guide me how I can enable in Profiles and how I should assign new profile in user parameter, Transcation will me CM01, CM02

Ramarao

Re: Capacity Evaluation Profile

Post by Ramarao » Fri May 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Aditya

You may want to read about capacity evaluation setup in PP - it is quite vast. Pointed questions if you run into a problem can be answered on these forums.
- Ramarao

vaditya10

Post by vaditya10 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 pm

I am not sure what you mean, My question were pointed enough.
By the way thanks for your input

Ramarao

Post by Ramarao » Wed May 25, 2011 8:29 am

There is an overall profile that in turn links to 4 other profiles (selection, list, options and graphics profiles) --- and each of them have several parameters that control what data is displayed and how. It is pretty elaborate and well explained in the help documentations as far as I can remember (I myself last worked on it in 2004, not in active memory)...

If a specific parameter is giving you an issue, then I meant we can look into that...
- Ramarao

vaditya10

Post by vaditya10 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:15 am

Thanks,
I have looked in to Profiles, I could able to differentiate between Planned Orders and Process Order i.e I can display either planned orders or Process Orders ( in Selection Profile) .
My problem is I can not further filter PLanned Orders in to Firmed and Un firmed.
I will appreciate any help on this

Ramarao

Post by Ramarao » Thu May 26, 2011 8:11 am

Yeah, I see that. Some of these places, you wish SAP had thought better in terms of functionality - but nevertheless, you may have to work around your business process to fit the system sometimes and this is one such case.

In other words, you may have to ensure that detailed scheduling and firming happen together in your system, or atleast to see if that's a feasible option. That would mean turning it off at the time of MRP (go to basic date scheduling) and then running a separate job for detailed scheduling the planned orders.

What are the means by which you're currently firming?
- Ramarao