Subcontracting in routing

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

avnishg

Subcontracting in routing

Post by avnishg » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi,

How can I send WIP for external processing as part of production order. For example we have 4 operations in production order. first 2 operations are done in house 3rd opearation outside and again 4th operation inhouse.

The materail is sent from the operation as part of WIP inventory as the material master is not maintained for WIP material.

How do I send the WIP material to subcontarcting Vendor.

I have tried with Non stock material and assign this material with 1 quantity in Subcontracting PO and did the GR with making Non stock material (NLAG) material as zero.

But this solution is not acceptable to client. Please advice some solution.

Regards,
AG

Yorkshire

Re: Subcontracting in routing

Post by Yorkshire » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:12 am

Hi
You can use your control keys on your routing (external processing )SAP standard PP02

martial

Post by martial » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:10 am

Hi ,
The External Process in Prod order has no any WIP to do GI /GR allowed with Operation.
If you needs to control component materials with vendor.
Please use Subcon PO Process.

Regards,
Martial

Gedhindle

Post by Gedhindle » Mon May 11, 2009 6:19 am

I almost understand
So within your routing the 3rd operation is done outside so the control key you use is PP02 External within the operation you add the vendor out line agreement
When you create a production order a requisition is created which you can convert to a PO
There will be no material number just a description of what must be done outside
Then when you do the 101 it puts the cost against the production order

HANY9698

Post by HANY9698 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:17 am

1. As rightly said by others please use the control key which has external processing in it.
2. Please create a purchase info record for sub-contracting without a material tx is ME11. The scheduling for this external operation will happen based on the planned delivery time you have mentioned in the purchase info record.
3. Please mark(tick mark) the operation as external operation in operation deatails screen in your routing.
3. Please assign the info record to this external operation in the operation details.
4. Once a production order is in place a purchase requisiton will be created the number of which you will be able to see in the production order operations overview.
5. Please use tx ME58 to convert this purhase requisiton to purchase order. At this point the BOM components get assigned to the purchase order. You are able to view, change & explode the BOM attached to this purchase order. If I am not mistaken the components are issued to the purchase order by movement type 541.
6. When you do the MIGO for this purchase order you will realise that the operation status is changed from released to external operation delivered. Till this point you will not see the material quantity in the store because it is the service cost that is posted on your production order. Also remember that the control key used for external operation cannot have a confirmation done on it.
7. If at all quality checks are involved you will need to create another operation before your last operation which will have control key with confirmation in it so that the material is posted in the restricted area. After your quality releases the material only then it will be available for issue to the next operation. Even if quality checks are not you still need to see this material in the tx MMBE, hence you need to use another operation with confirmation control key which you need to confirm so that material is in the system to be available for the next operation.
8. Remember this scenario what I have explained here is SAP best practice for PP-Subcontracting. That means the procurement type for the material in MRP2 view is "E" that is inhouse. Hence can be used for finished and semi-finished goods. Or else for material with procurement type 'F" which is externaly procured for which you will have to use MM-Subcontracting SAP best practice.

Hope this is of some help to you. Please let me know if you need some more understanding on this..

LTJ

Post by LTJ » Fri May 15, 2009 5:52 am

Hi,

question to HANY9698...you write:

2. Please create a purchase info record for sub-contracting without a material tx is ME11. The scheduling for this external operation will happen based on the planned delivery time you have mentioned in the purchase info record.

This planned delivery time is in calendar days, but when scheduling your the production order where you have your external operation, you would want this planned delivery time to consider the factory calendar with all it's weekends and holidays.
Otherwise you could end up in trouble, because the delivery time when scheduling is not considering these weekends and holidays.

Do you know a way to solve that problem?

Regards,
LTJ

birdiemaker

Post by birdiemaker » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:50 pm

This planned delivery time is in calendar days, but when scheduling your the production order where you have your external operation, you would want this planned delivery time to consider the factory calendar with all it's weekends and holidays.
Otherwise you could end up in trouble, because the delivery time when scheduling is not considering these weekends and holidays.

Do you know a way to solve that problem?
I have this same issue/question. Any feedback on scheduling external operations via the factory calendar as opposed to Gregorian?
Thanks,
KellyD