Strategy group for planned orders linked to sales orders

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

nelly

Strategy group for planned orders linked to sales orders

Post by nelly » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:16 pm

All,

We require a strategy group that creates planned orders automatically that are linked to sales orders. That seems to be accomodated by strategy group 40. The problem is that we have the additional requirement that if the sales order has two lines for the same product, we want one planned order, but still linked to the sales order number.

Any help or advice on how to configure this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Nelly

saprega

Post by saprega » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:52 pm

i thought 40 was a make to stock planning strategy where u dont have planned order being created for any specific sales order but rather for ur PIRs/forecast. U sure u not talking about 20 which is a MTO strategy ?

nelly

Post by nelly » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:04 pm

saprega,

I stand corrected.

I meant to say strategy 50, not 40. Strategy 50 has the same results as the strategy 20 that you mentioned.

Both of these strategies generate a planned order for each line in a sales order. What I need is a strategy that is smart enough to see that these lines are the same material number and generate one planned order for both, still linked to the sales order.

I am working with version 4.5b. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
nelly

birdiemaker

Post by birdiemaker » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:25 pm

If you find something post it by all means!

We had the ABAPers create a dispatch list for us that would incorporate all production orders with like characteristics into one barcode. When scanned the ABAP program would confirm all related production orders up to the amount entered at the barscan.

Also Mill Products has a solution that I don't know much about which sums like sales order materials on a new sales order tab.

David K