This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

how to exclude MRP for STO

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

how to exclude MRP for STO

Postby Frey » Wed May 30, 2007 1:50 am

Dear SAP Fans,

I have a simple scenario where I am issuing Stock Transport Order between two plants. Plant A is the procuring plant and plant B is the supplying plant. When I put Planned independent requirements for a material in Plant A and run MRP, I get Purchase requisition in plant A and PRqRel in plant B.

The problem that I am stuck with is that I do not want PRqRel to be included in my MRP run at plant B, as the supplying plant has its own planned independent requirement and production is done based on it.

This means that we do not want both these plant to be connected and we need to break the integeration at the point of running MRP.

Is there a way to do it.

Hope to hear from you.

TBR

nigel
Frey

Postby SAP4ME » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:40 pm

In material master for plant B, MRP2, BOM Explosion, select MRP dep. requirements = 1.
Thanks,
- SAP4ME
SAP4ME

Postby Frey » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:30 am

dear SAP4ME
you said that mrp dep.requirement will should be defined as 1.
but i cant do so, because i want only that the sto will not be included in mrp
but the dep.requiremnt from high level need to be included in MRP
tks and best regards
nigel
Frey

Postby SAP4ME » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:26 pm

As I understand, for that material you want MRP planning to include PIR and dependent requirements, but exclude STO. If this is ture, then it may not fit into any standard SAP planning scenarioes. Tell me: what planning strategy, MRP type, Lot sizing are you using, and how/when you are planning to reduce your PIRs ?
Thanks,
- SAP4ME
SAP4ME

Reg the MRP

Postby dskumar2000 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:26 pm

1.In case of the stock transpor order i think you are using the special procurement type.

2. This should be used only if you want automated solution between plants

3. If you are not looking for them then Just create the Plant B as vendor and make the procurement side strong for Plant A ( with Info record,Source list ) etc.

4.so that system created Purchase requistion and you conver them to the Purchase order

I dont think that we will be able to avoid this in any standard method.

May be some badi's or user exit can help -But .01% of chance

Reg
SAP-fan
dskumar2000

Re: how to exclude MRP for STO

Postby sapitman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:32 am

Hi Guys

I have same queries as Nigel.

How to explain to business if SAP is treating this as standard process??? The procuring plant is YET confirm (cover the PR to PO), and supplying plant already recorded the demand as PRqRel and proceed to PO purchase from external vendor? I thought the normal procurement process is getting only the firmed order (Purchase Order), then only go to purchase??

If SAP treat is as standard process? how can this explain??
Best regards,
SAP - IT - MAN
sapitman

Re: how to exclude MRP for STO

Postby MMPP » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:49 pm

sapitman wrote:Hi Guys

I have same queries as Nigel.

How to explain to business if SAP is treating this as standard process??? The procuring plant is YET confirm (cover the PR to PO), and supplying plant already recorded the demand as PRqRel and proceed to PO purchase from external vendor? I thought the normal procurement process is getting only the firmed order (Purchase Order), then only go to purchase??

If SAP treat is as standard process? how can this explain??

Holy thread resurrection! Anyway... both PRqRel and OrdDS (PO releases) are MRP relevant elements. Not much you can do about that without hacking up MRP.
There is a work-around - point the materials via SPK to a different (virtual) plant. That way the supplying plant won't see them. The procuring plant then converts them over to STOs, then the supplying plant sees them. Problem solved.
MMPP

Return to Logistics PP