This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Maintain storage location for goods receive

Logistics : PP

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Maintain storage location for goods receive

Postby hesj1977 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 am

Hello:

As designed ,the storage location for goods receive and goods issue are different for the same subassembly,As maintained issue storage location in MRP4 view ,when do goods receive I have to change the storage location to right location which is different to the issue storage location .Where should I maitain the goods receive storage location ,and then I would not change it manaully (automatical goods receive )

best regards!
Danny

hesj1977

Postby SAP4ME on Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:09 am

I am now sure where do you see the field "Issue Storage Location" in MRP-4, but in our system, MRP-1,2,3,4 is now merged into MRP-1&2. On MRP-1 view, we have a field labeled as "Production Storage Location", and this defines the SLoc for GR. By default, SLoc for GI is also assumed same as GR-SLoc. However, you can specify some other SLoc in BOM component overview and it will have higher priority over GR-SLoc.
Thanks,
- SAP4ME
SAP4ME

Postby mtws on Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:23 pm

Hi,

I think SAP4Me is refering the version ECC5.0 and above. For 4.7 and below, the location name still remain as "Issue Stor Loc"..

You may maintain the GR storage location in MRP2 "Issue storage location". If material is a component, this will be the location for backflush. If material is a produced item, then this will be the location for receive.

Then maintain the GI location for this material under BOM level, where you can seprate GI and GR location as your need.

Rgds, Mike
mtws

Return to Logistics PP