This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Automatic numbering from SD/PS integration

Logistics : PS

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Automatic numbering from SD/PS integration

Postby zz » Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:03 pm

Hi,

I have integrated PS to Sales Orders without any problem but I'm experiencing certain difficulties with the masking and numbering.

My mask is similar to X-00-0000-00.00.00

Where the X is the type, the first 00 is another static number I'll use (e.g.: CoCd) and the I would like to have the third position as the project number.

So if I create a project my first project definition for company 10 would be: C-01-0001

The 01 represents the company code and I would define a standard Project Definition for that.

When creating a sales order the system creates my project using the template/standard but the project number goes to the "wrong" place.

Ex: SO # 23

I would expect project to be C-01-0023, but what I get is C-23-0001.

Any ideas on how to get it the way I need?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

ZZ :?
zz

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:41 pm

The area between the first and the second special character in the number of the standard WBS is replaced by the corresponding number of positions from the sales document number, starting from the right-hand side of the sales document number. The existing spaces are filled from right to left starting with the last digit in the sales document. If there are not enough spaces available, the sales document number is shortened by the first digits. To ensure agreement between the project and sales document, the area between the first and second special character of the number should always be at least ten characters long.

So you may not achieve exactly what you want, However you can alter the mask by keeping above constraint in mind. Be careful, once you create any project using the Mask, then system will not allow you to change it.

Postby zz » Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:04 pm

Thanks!
zz

Return to Logistics PS