This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Revenue or negative cost in CN41

Logistics : PS

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Revenue or negative cost in CN41

Postby Csaba » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:17 am

I made a project. In the activities I planned hours and in some of them I made an amount for materials. I see all this in CN41 in the order cost plan and the project cost schedule columns.
I made a sales order with 1 item that is account assigned to the only level 1 WBS element of the project.
Nothing appears in the revenue plan column of CN41. But in the project cost schedule I see the sum of the order cost plan and the net value of the sales order item.
When the first line of the sales order billing plan is invoiced and the invoice is posted, I see nothing on the actual revenues, but I see the net invoiced amount as a negative cost in the actual costs column.
Why? How can I achieve that the planned revenue appears in revenue plan column and the revenue posted from the invoice appears in the actual revenue column of CN41?
Csaba

Postby Bouwina » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:34 am

Could you check the cost center where the results are booked?
Transaction KA02.
Could you check the category of the cost element involved.
To have revenues as revenues the type should be 11 and not 1.

Bouwina
Bouwina

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:20 am

probably your value category customizing is wrong. check with transaction cjvc. you need at least two value categories: one for costs, one for revenues. don't mix costs and revenues in one value category.

CN41

Postby hideandseek » Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:04 pm

There are bugs with CN41! there are a couple of OSS notes on it you might want to check them out on service.sap.com
hideandseek

Postby Csaba » Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:28 am

The GL account to which the invoice revenue is posted is also a revenue element (11-revenue).
It is assigned to a value category of type revenue.

It is still the same.
Csaba

Postby Csaba » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:01 pm

The value category brought the solution, but it only works for things done after the change, it has no retroactive effect.
Thanks for the help.
Csaba
Csaba

Value category

Postby Eric E » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:50 pm

In 46C you can also set an indicator for automatic value categories (look in customizing PS, information system). After this you can run CJEN to rebuild the PS information system, and everything should look OK
Eric E

Return to Logistics PS