This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

settlement / WIP postings

Logistics : PS

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

settlement / WIP postings

Postby runman » Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:25 pm

Hi, PS gurus.

When I settle my projects (and post in FI calculated imputed costs like WIP), one weird thing sometime takes place:

the information on the settlement sender is stored in fields 'Assignment' and 'Text' of the FI document line item. Normally, I create and then settle 3-level projects, and only WBS elements of 3rd level have settlement rules.

In 99% of all documents posted after project settlement in FI are "assigned" through ZUONR/SGTXT fields to the settlement sender - WBS element of 3rd level. But, not so often, FI docs have in the fields
'Assignment' and 'Text' WBS element of 2nd level! From my analysis, it looks like if WBS element of 3rd level does not have Network activity assigned - then WBS of 2nd level will be used to populate ZUONR
and SGTXT fields. In the case of assigned Network activities - everything works in standard way, and WIP changes doc is assigned to the real sender - WBS el. of 3rd level. This system logic looks like "sender is the lowest element of project + 1 level".

OSS does not offer any clue on this problem. Does anybody have similar experience?

Regards,
runman
runman

Return to Logistics PS