This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Take remaingin work into account when scheduling

Logistics : PS

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Take remaingin work into account when scheduling

Postby CSTECP » Thu May 02, 2013 4:59 am

Hello

I've started a new job 3 months ago and I work now on SAP-PS but a very old version (3.1i)
I didn't receive any training on this module and I'm trying to find a way of helping users to better planned their network activities.

I've created a simple operation network in my test environment.
It is defined with 15 activities, linked together with a Finish/Start relationship.

The scheduling type is "Forwards"
The basic start date of my network is 30.04.2013
I've submitted the "Schedule" function so the start and finish dates of all my activities have been determined as they should.
I've done the levelling thing to planned my activities and dispatch capacities on the different work centers.
So far so good.

I partially confirmed the first activity and define the remaining work with a higher value than the initial work defined on the activity.
The remaining work is about 10 times the initial value.

What I expect is that this high remaining work is taken into account to calculate the start and finish dates of the next activities when I reschedule my network.
But this is not the case.

How is it possible to have a schedule consistent with reality if the remaining work is ignored ?

I've tried many things and look it up on the internet but can't find anything...
Is it something to be done in the customizing ?

Please help me !
Thanks & Regards,
CSTE-CP.
CSTECP

Return to Logistics PS