This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Project Reservation not consumed with SD Delivery

Logistics : PS

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Project Reservation not consumed with SD Delivery

Postby PSKVK » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:13 am

Hi,

Scenario: Customer Projects.

Client creates a sales order against customer purchase order for a product. On saving the sales order, a project is created manually and the product code in the sales order line item is assigned to an activity under billing WBS Element in the project. This creates a reservation for project. The billing WBS element is entered as account assignment in Sales order line item.

When MRP run is executed through transaction MD51, system creates planned order with Project WBS account assignment. On completion of production, product is received into project stock and this project stock of the product is dispatched against the sales order.

ISSUE:

Though system allows dispatch of project stock from Sales Order, the reservation created in the project (when material is assigned in project activity) is not deleted and due to this when MRP is run once again for the same project, system once again creates planned order for the product which is already delivered against the sales Order.

Is there any way to update the reservation in the project when the project stock is delivered against the sales order? Please let me know if there is any configuration or work around to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
PSKVK.
PSKVK

Re: Project Reservation not consumed with SD Delivery

Postby Ramarao » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Are you using any strategy group in the material master? What is your requirements class on the sales order?
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Postby PSKVK » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi,

No strategy group is used in Material Master.

Sales Order has customized requirements class with account assignment as Q.

No requirements are generated from Sales Order.

Thanks.
PSKVK.
PSKVK

Postby greed » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:34 am

Standard decision is "Project Delivery CNS0"...
but at one of my project I used exit for closing such requirements when user make a good issue in outbound delivery.
greed

Postby PSKVK » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:38 am

Hi greed,

Thanks for sharing your exp. and sorry for the delayed response from my side.

Using user exit will work if we deliver entire quantity at a time through outbound delivery. In case of partial delievries how to deal with this through user exit ? Also please let me know which user exit that you have used.

Thanks,
PSKVK.
PSKVK

Return to Logistics PS