This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Tracking Changes in CJ20N

Logistics : PS

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Tracking Changes in CJ20N

Postby njelica » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:57 am

Hi All,

Most grateful if anyone is able to help. Many many thanks in advance.

Please excuse my lack of technical lingo; I’m only an end user in this scenario.
So we use CJ20N to create projects. I work for a public entity so we need to obtain board approvals for various dollar amounts. If I create a project with a budget of $150K but then the project goes over budget to $250K, I need to request approval to increase my budget. The same goes for a scope change. Is there any way to track these kinds of changes? Changes that need approval? My goal is to be able to track these types of changes in order to run a report querying projects with changes such as the above mentioned.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
njelica

Re: Tracking Changes in CJ20N

Postby Sachu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:25 am

Please use tolerance limits for availability control to control budgets and for approvals budget workflows need to be set up. I would think the std reports 3560 & 3561 would provide you the details. If you are not familiar with config. you have to touch base with your IT for avac and workflows. Hope it helps.
Sachu

Re: Tracking Changes in CJ20N

Postby jdc » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:13 am

You might look into the "Claims" process. There can be an approval process which releases/activates the changes. It can be a little overwhelming at first. But it is pretty cool.

jdc
jdc

Return to Logistics PS