This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Trancode CJI3 vs CJI5 Functionality

Logistics : PS

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Trancode CJI3 vs CJI5 Functionality

Postby stevep1 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Greetings,

My first post so go easy on me.

CJI5 Report
It was my understanding that the CJI5 report field "Value ObjCurr" has a value if and only if that (PO) item has not been goods receipted. In other words, the field reports the Open commitment. (PO line item amount less goods receipted amounts).

CJI3 Report
It was my understanding that the CJI3 report field "Value ObjCurr" value indicates the amounts that have been goods receipted. (Along with other items that may not be PO related)

Question 1: Please confirm or clarify if is true that a given (PO) amount should not appear at the same time on both reports.

Question 2: Please confirm or clarify that if the item is I/R (Invoice Receipted), it has no effect on CJI3 and CJI5.

If this is answered in an online resource, just a pointer there would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Steve.

stevep1

Re: Trancode CJI3 vs CJI5 Functionality

Postby stevep1 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Can anyone direct me on this?
stevep1

Postby greed on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:33 pm

May be you can test your assumptions in SAP by oneself.
greed

Postby stevep1 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:56 am

greed wrote:May be you can test your assumptions in SAP by oneself.

How incredibly helpful!

Maybe you could direct me toward the documentation on how CJI3 AND CJI5 work?

thanks in advance.
Steve.
stevep1

Postby BG on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi Steve. CJI3 Actual Cost Line Item Report will show all financial postings to your project whether the initial posting was made to a newtwork activity, maintenance order, or WBS element. It will also display settlement postings to fixed assets, G/L accounts (balance sheet such as a suspense account) or to cost centres. When a good receipt is posted you will see that posting in CJI3 at the PO amount and quantity. In the CJI5 report Committed Cost Line Item Report you will only see the outstanding commitment for that item or the full value of all purchase requisitions that have not been converted to a purchase order.

Each report utilizes display layout functionality where you can choose to select the fields you wish to see after you have executed the report. for example, in CJI3 you may wish to exclude settlement transactions in order to display gross costs. In CJI5 you may wish to display Committed Costs for a specific vendor.

Both of these reports are "drilldown" reports as you can double click on a line item to go to a source document, e.g. a non PO invoice, a goods receipt (material document) or a PO. Both of these reports are also accessible (via drilldown) from standard Project System Financial reports.

Hope this helps.
BG

Return to Logistics PS