Settlement Error Code F5507

Logistics : PS

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

spedge

Settlement Error Code F5507

Post by spedge » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:46 am

hi

when i run the tcode cj88....i get the error F5507

G/L account (SOME NUMBER) is not defined in chart of accounts (CHART OF ACCOUNT) "

i have maintained a sett;lement profile and also the allocation structure has been defined.i am not able to trace out the g/l as that g/l does not come into picture anyway(at least at the frontend).what could be the reason?

thanks and regards
shekhar

WHeinle

Post by WHeinle » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:55 am

Have you checked the settlement cost element in your allocation structure :?:
Wilfried Heinle

spedge

Post by spedge » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:03 am

yes i have maintained one settlement cost element .

WHeinle

Post by WHeinle » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:15 am

Is it a seconday cost element of category '21' :?:
Are all the settlement using the same cost element :?:
Wilfried Heinle

spedge

Post by spedge » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:14 pm

sorry for my earlier erroneous reply.....i have NOT maintained any settlement cost element in the allocation structure.Instead i have the check box(by cost element) selected...so that we do not need to give any specific cost element.

and one confusing point is that where is the system picking up the from which is not even defined in my CO area.

WHeinle

Post by WHeinle » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:39 pm

spedge wrote:sorry for my earlier erroneous reply.....i have NOT maintained any settlement cost element in the allocation structure.Instead i have the check box(by cost element) selected...so that we do not need to give any specific cost element.
That would explain it. If you set that check box it means that SAP will try to settle to the same cost element than the original costs were booked to. So unless that cost element is a secondary cost element orf category 21 you will get an error.
You must define a secondary cost element with category 21 and use that for the credit cost element.
spedge wrote: and one confusing point is that where is the system picking up the from which is not even defined in my CO area.
I'm not sure if I understand your question. The from, or debit cost element, is the cost element the costs were originally posted to. You don't need to specify that in your settelement config.
Wilfried Heinle

spedge

Post by spedge » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:00 am

i made a secondary cost element of cost element category 21.Still i am getting the same error that G/L xxxxxxx not defined in the COA xxx while running the transaction cj88.

don't u think that the system is picking up some g/l which i am not using in my chart of a/c is a strange behaviour?i mean at what stage of settlement the system finds that g/l?

on further probe i found that the g/l xxxxx the system locates is related to BusinessArea Clearance and is defined in some other COA which is not being used by our team at any stage.

thanks and regards
shekhar.

WHeinle

Post by WHeinle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:51 pm

Pretty hard to figure things out without being able to look at your system/configuration.
Sorry.
Wilfried Heinle

spedge

Post by spedge » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:52 pm

thanks a lot Heinle for all the pains u took to figure out my problem...ur suggestions have made me wiser and knowledgable....might be that ur suggestions work out!!

i will definitely let u know once i am out of this sticky mess.....

thanks and regards
shekhar

spedge

Post by spedge » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:55 am

dear Heinle,

the settlement problem has not been resolved as yet.

but with debugging we came across the table T030 that the system was using and in this table the system is picking up the g/l which is not defined in our chart of accounts.

while running settlement the system checks the combination of the following fields.

Client
Chart of Accounts
Transaction
Valuation grpg code
Acct modification
Valuation Class
G/L account no.
G/L account no.

now this Transaction that is accesed is CO1 not maintained in OBYB or OBYC.still why the system is accesing this is something we r not able to trace out.

thanks and regards
shekhar

BG

Post by BG » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:51 pm

[quote="spedge"]sorry for my earlier erroneous reply.....i have NOT maintained any settlement cost element in the allocation structure.Instead i have the check box(by cost element) selected...so that we do not need to give any specific cost element.

and one confusing point is that where is the system picking up the from which is not even defined in my CO area.[/quote]

Spedge, if you are using a secondary cost element for settlement, turn this flag off. Then check OKO7 for valid receivers. If you attempt to settle to a G/L account you will only be able to go to a balance sheet account. In OKO6 you set your allocation structure, either by using a single cost element or a cost element group. If you have created a cost element, make sure there is a corresponding account for it in your COA.