This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Change in "Durat" field after Partial Confirmat &a

Logistics : PS

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Change in "Durat" field after Partial Confirmat &a

Postby siw2 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:21 am

Hi All

I've noticed that after I create a partial confirmation to a Network Activity (via CATS) and then reschedule my project in CJ20N, the value in the field "Durat" on the dates tab is being reduced

IS this Standard SAP? Can anyone explain why this is happening?

If my activity has a Normal duration of 100 DAY I expect it to keep the same 100 DAY in the "Durat" field on the Dates Tab of the Activity?

Thanks
siw2

Postby spedge » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:23 am

hi,

this is standard SAP as u say.here the duration shown is the duration left in the task completion.the normal duration field retains the value you are talking of i.e.the duration required to complete a task in totality.

if u need this data in some report then u resort to this field as its a part of standard sap.

thanks and regards
shekhar
spedge

Postby siw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:00 am

Thanks Spedge

But when I reschedule should it take

Start Date + Duration (from dates tab) to get the finish date

or

Start date + Normal Duration to get the finish date

Thanks

Steve
siw2

Postby spedge » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:28 am

hi ,

what you say is something that depends on the settings in the transaction OPU6.There if u check the SHIFT ORDER indicator then the system will not take into account the actual dates while rescheduling the partialy confirmed activities.

if this does not meet ur requirements then i will look into further details.this is as per my meagre knowledge.

thanks
shekhar
spedge

Postby siw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:02 am

Thanks Spedge

I have previously tried with OPU6 - both with Shift Order flag set and flag not set

I don't want to take into account Actual Dates and as such I have kept the Shift Order flag selected

I simply just don't want the Schedule dates and Basic date of my activity to change just because I have booked time to the activity - Can I pevent this?

Without any Constraints on the activity I would expect the Start and Finish Scheduled & Basic Dates to remain the same after time is booked to the activity as to how they were before the activity was posted.

The posting of time is reducing the number of days in the duration field (not the nromal duration field) and subsquently is altering the finish date on the activity

I also have an Activity to follow after the first activity, and at the moment it is being brought forward because the first activity is having it's finish date brought forward

I'm just not sure if this is standard SAP, I don't have access to an ABAP guru to debug for me to identify if a User Exit is being used as either part of the confirmation process of the scheduling process

Thanks

Steve
siw2

Postby Sachu » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:56 am

Hi,
I am looking at it from the POC point of view. If final confirmation has not been done, then EV is determined with the actual start and duration on the activity. So wondering it is working the way it is supposed to. Please check your progress settings. Correct me if incorrect.
If basic dates need to be changed then I guess you need to extrapolate dates in PP. Regards!
Sachu

Postby siw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:01 pm

Hi Sachu

Thanks for the reply.

We are not using PP or EV or Progress Analysis at this point

I simply just want to know the following, it should be easy for someone else to test on their system

Create a Network Activity with Normal Duration of 100 DAY, this should derive 100 DAY on the Durat field on the Dates Tab of the ACtivity.

Then schedule - Both fields should remain at 100 DAY

Post time Via CATS to Activity of 40 HRS

Schedule Project

Does the both Duration's stay at 100 DAY or does the Durat field on the Dates Tab Change?

Thanks

Steve
siw2

Postby Sachu » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi Steve,
I tried the same and the durat is unchanged. The only time it changes is 0 when we checkmark the 'flexible' flag. Not sure why it is happening for you, please let me know your findings.
Sachu

Postby siw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:18 am

Sachu

Thanks for the reply, hopefully this means I'm not working as per standard SAP

I think the durat should also change when you perform the final confirmation - should reduce to 0 or at least it does for me anyay

I'll keep this message updated with any feedback

Thanks

Steve
siw2

Postby zhbpub » Thu May 17, 2007 10:18 pm

If you ckeck "shift order", then

Start Date + Duration (from dates tab) to get the finish date

Else if you uncheck "shift order", then

Start date + Normal Duration to get the finish date
zhbpub

Re: Change in "Durat" field after Partial Confirmat &a

Postby scparadeza » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:59 am

Hello,
we are experiencing this exact problem in our system ECC6.0. We have eliminated the today scheduling by allowing 999 start days in the past in OPu6 as well as deleting all reduction levels in the reduction strategy. yet our Duration and the end date are reducing once we perform time entry.
I went in and unchecked the Shift order option in OPu6 and it did not have any positive affect. The once i rescheduled the project after posting time, the network order i used showed that the duration and the end date reduced.
Our engineers have had to manually update these networks every time they reschedule, which is all the time and it is very tedious and laborious. I was hoping that there was a fix to this problem as it is not our business process to have the duration update at all.
Did anyone by chance find a solution to this problem? Thanks very much Sarah
Sarah
scparadeza

Re: Change in "Durat" field after Partial Confirmat &a

Postby mschmidt » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Why are you rescheduling if you don't want the system to reschedule. Is there an auto-reschedule indicator that can be turned off.
mschmidt

Return to Logistics PS