This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

QM in production

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

QM in production

Postby Waeb » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:29 am

Hi !
I'm implementing QM in production orders and my client wants to have the following : at one specific operation a calculated characteristic should be based on the results of different characteristics from previous operations.
Apparently it seems to be impossible to calculate a characteristic with results of characteristics coming from other operations.
Is there any way to solve this ?

Thank you very much for your help !
Waeb
Waeb

Postby Milind » Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:37 pm

If I have understood it correctlt then-

e.g. if chara 10 is length & chara 20 width then chara 30 area will be calculaed chara with multiplication of 10 & 20
Yes it is very possible to calculate this..

Use proper parameters for this e.g A0, C0 etc.

Milind
Milind

Postby Waeb » Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:26 am

You understood it correctly except that in my case the calculated characteristic (30 in your example) is inserted in another operation than chara 10 and chara 20.
Is there any way to solve this ?

Thank you for your help
Waeb

Postby Craig » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:07 am

No. Standard, 'as delivered' SAP does not allow for the functionality you want. The calculated characteristic funtionality does not work across operations.

You can however create your own function modules and assign them to be used in " Define parameters for calculated characteristics" in config.

Use the function module to retrieve the MIC value you want from the other operation. This would probably require hard coding to a MIC number or MIC decription or something like that. Not a preferred way of doing it. Rather then coding to a specific MIC you might code to a specific operation, (previous or xxxx), and grab a specific characteristic number like 9000. Then you could use any MIC in that position(s).

Thus your formula might be ZO10 - AO10.

ZO10 would get the value for characteristic 10 from the last operation with a characteristic 10. And AO20 would be the value for characteristic 10 of the current operation.

Craig
Craig

Postby Waeb » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:09 am

Thank you very much fo your advice, Craig. I hadn't seen the possibility of using function modules for this previously.

Best Regards,

Waeb
Waeb

Return to Logistics PM