This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SAP Customer Service Order

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

SAP Customer Service Order

Postby sanjay2nanda » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:09 am

Hi Guys,

In Service Order header tab there is one section called service in customer address tab. Thease are the following things available in the service section in customer address tab

1: Service Product
2: Quantiy
3: Purchase Order
4: Accounting Indicator
5: Billing form

I am not sure what is to be entered in service product and the component in the component tab. Hope there is some difference.Kindly brief about the usage and significance of the above five things.

Regards
Sanjay
sanjay2nanda

Re: SAP Customer Service Order

Postby psquare » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:22 am

Hi Sanjay,

If you search at SAP:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdat ... ontent.htm
The definition is:
The service product is a service that can be sold and that is performed within Customer Service (for example, inspection of your car).

So in other words, the service what you are going to provide to your customer can be summarized as the service product, which is in SAP a material number. This service product can be sold, billed to your customer during Resource Related Billing (is depended on the billing form).
The difference with the component tab is, that those components are used (like spare parts) in your service. So in fact they are consumed for the service order.

There is also additional functionality linked to service product like a connection to a tasklist, variant configuration etc. I would advice to read the help text of SAP for more detailed explenation.

For the other things:
Quantity: the amount of the service. If your service had a sales price for instance, you can increase it with the amount
Purchase order: this is the number your customer has for administration purpose.
Accounting indicator: parameter which can be used to influence pricing during resource related billing. E.g. there is a full warranty, accounting indicator can be used to get a zero price.
Billing form: to control if the resource related billing should be fixed price (based on service product) or cost based (based on your postings on the service order like time and material).

Regards, Psquare
psquare

Postby sanjay2nanda » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:54 am

Hi

Thank you for your reply. But i have one more doubt.As you said an example of service product is inspection of car and in the component tab of service order materials(spare parts)are entered which will be consumed while repairing car but in the service order where can i mention the main equipment(Car) which i am planning to repair.

Regards
Sanjay
sanjay2nanda

Postby psquare » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:46 am

you should enter this in the equipment field. This is a reference field in the workorder.
What kind of ordertype are you using?

R, Psquare
psquare

Return to Logistics PM