This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

User Status - IW32 - Display only

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

User Status - IW32 - Display only

Postby ramesh_kala » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:28 pm

We have an requirement that in IW32, After User status reached APPROVED and Order release,
want IW32 only in Display mode , No More changes allowed until the User status is in APPROVED.

Any one has done the same thing,pl help

Thanks in advance.

Ramesh
ramesh_kala

Re: User Status - IW32 - Display only

Postby psquare » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:49 am

Hi,

I supose can block or de-block the order based on the userstatus. It;s a function on the order, but you can also arrange this via user statusses.

Go to your customizing of your user status schema and add a businss transaction control to your statusses.

Regards, P
psquare

Postby OrangeStrawberry » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:22 am

hey, I'm not aware of any functionality via configuration to restrict order access based on User Status of the maintenance order. For the System Status you can play around with some settings via transaction code BS22 but this is a SAP maintained table best not to make any changes through here. Note: Any upgrades will overwrite changes in this table.

I'd be interested in knowing if order access can be restricted via User Status without a development - please share if you have a solution for this.

The quickest approach to restrict access to an order based on User Status will be to manage it through a development. Alternatively, the solution I have implemented in the past has been to:

A) Create an Authorisation Group and assign that to the order at the point where your User Status is being changed to something. This is a manual activity and through the SAP
Security role you can restrict user access to certain orders where the Authorisation Group is 'X'.

B) Instead of an Authorisation Group you can create a Planner Group i.e. '099', in my scenario we wanted to restrict STAT / INTEG maintenance orders so if the planner group was set to the STAT/INTEG planner group we did not allow change access to the order. Again this was managed through security role where the planner group authorisation object excluded the STAT / INTEG planner group in my example planner group ‘099’.

A lot of testing is required with both the security approaches I mentioned above, as you want to allow access to some transaction codes but restrict IW32 for some orders, you also want to close any loopholes, i.e. entering order change transaction code via IW22 (clicking on order change button).

Cheers,

OrangeStrawberry
OrangeStrawberry

Postby psquare » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:56 am

Hi Orange,

If you lock the order, nothing can be changed in the order. So the solution via user status would be:

Lock your order by setting a userstatus which performs the business transaction Lock. (done in customizing).
Unlock of the order by setting another userstatus which performs the business transaction of deletion Lock. (done in the same customizing).

Via the authorization code attached to the user status you can arrange that only people with enough authorization can do this.

So no need of development.

Regards,

Psquare
psquare

Postby OrangeStrawberry » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:06 pm

Thanks Psquare - you learn something new every day.

After reading your post I did a quick search and found below thread which goes through the solution you have proposed to Ramesh.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33909

Hopefully, this will help Ramesh as well as anyone else stumbling across this thread in the future to address their business requirement. Good job Psquare :)

Regards,

OrangeStrawberry
OrangeStrawberry

Return to Logistics PM