This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Issues in CM34

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

Issues in CM34

Postby mcarvalh » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Dear Colleagues,

I have a work center. It works from 08:00 to 17:00. I have a break time that is equal to one hour. I have 5 individual capacities available, 100 utilization. I defined the work center as relevant for finite scheduling. Total capacity equal to 40 hour.

I created 10 work orders (Maintenance Orders) using the work center. The orders have one operation each and the work required for each operation is 3 hours. The work orders have different priorities.

I go to the transaction CM34.

I select SAPPM_T001 as the strategy profile. The sort profile was changed to SAPSFCSS31 according to the OSS note 204841.

I select all my 10 orders and I select a date and I click dispatch. During the day I have more capacity than required (40 Hrs X 30 Hrs.), but all the orders were scheduled to start at 08:00 and finish at 11:23

How is this possible that 10 order wil lstart at the same time if I have only 5 individual capacities? I would expect 5 orders to start at 08:00 and finsh at 11:23. Then the remaining 5 orders would be scheduled to start at 11:23 and finish at 14:46. The decision of which orders start at 08:00 and which orders would start at 14:46 would be based on the sort profile that looks basically at the order priorities.

Is the behavior I am getting correct? Is there any OSS note to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

MCarvalh
mcarvalh

Re: Issues in CM34

Postby PJA » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:45 am

MCarvalh

Check that the Determine Capacity Requirements flag is set in the Operation Control Key.
Pete A
www.pjas.com
PJA

Return to Logistics PM