This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

List of Materials in Task List

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

List of Materials in Task List

Postby yoyosha5 » Mon May 26, 2014 9:38 am

Hi All,
I've used Task Lists to manage the list of materials needed for planned maintenance.
The task lists are assigned to my maint. plans (standard SAP)...

My customer requests that I maintain part of the materials needed for the maintenance task as "check and replace as needed".

An example is windshield wipers. Every month the cars are checked into the shop and oil/filters/pugs are all replaced, but windshield wipers are replaced only if needed.

this in turn effects the materials planning for future maint. plans to be processed. therefore, if based on passed check ups we replaced one wiper for every 10 monthly checks, we can assume that the quantity needed in the materials list assigned to the task list for windshield wipers should be 0.10 (eventhough there really isn't any such thing as 0.10 wipers)... if we leave it as "1" then when running the MRP we end up demanding 10 times more than we really need to have in stock.

How would you suggest to maintain the required quantity of 0.10 for such a material?
**NOTE: the 0.10 quaity may be dynamic based on actual consumption (if for example we have severe weather changes and we start to replace windshield wipers for every 3 out of ten monthy checkups, we'll need this to change to 0.3)

thank you for your time and assistance... :-)
yoyosha5

Re: List of Materials in Task List

Postby psquare » Tue May 27, 2014 2:14 am

Hi Yoyosha5,

I think that within standard MRP it is possible to run MRP based on the reservations and usages from the past. I would not place those parts in the task list of the maintenance plan since standard SAP will create reservations for them. You can use BOM's for this.

Another possibility is that you are using a userexit in the order (CNEX.....) in order to control the parameter Reservation/ ATB always as default on "never" for these kind of materials. In this case you only make the reservation if you manually change that paramter to direct on the order component tab.

Regards, Psquare
psquare

Postby PJA » Tue May 27, 2014 5:22 am

My view is that this is a MRP issue, not a maintenance plan issue.

As such its a question for the MM team.
Pete A
www.pjas.com
PJA

Postby kenr » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:53 pm

For the task list, assign the material number with a quantity of zero. The users can then enter a quantity on the created order when they know wipers are required.

If you want to include the wiper on every order, then the MRP for the material should be set to maintain a mininum stock and not include your reservations in the calculation. If the MM people have forcasting configured it can then vary the MRP quntities by the season to maintain a the safety stock.
kenr

Return to Logistics PM