This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Notification History for Preventive Maintenance Jobs

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

Notification History for Preventive Maintenance Jobs

Postby Kingfischer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:16 pm

Hello,

I have a scenario where maintenance plans are used for preventive maintenance related recurring tasks. The maintenance plans generate work orders on a periodic basis. Additionally, there is logic setup in the system wherein notification (type M3) is generated for each work order.

The various maintenance groups perform the preventive maintenance tasks on the date shown in the work order. Once complete they set the work order user status to 'tech. complete'. The current process also requires the maintenance technicians to go to the associated notification and post history. What I observe is that almost all notifications have the following filled in (example: Object Code = Pump, Cause Code = Service, Damage Code = None). I don't see a lot of value in asking technicians to fill in this information repeatedly for preventive maintenance based notifications.

I understand for repair work, notification history is crucial as each event is unique.

Is there any one "posting notification history" for preventive maintenance work (other than capturing measurement point values or YES/NO type valuation code responses). I would like to advise management to stop this practice. Just wanted to know if someone out here see's value in doing it this way or in a slightly different way.

Thanks,
Kingfischer
Thanks,
KF
Kingfischer

Re: Notification History for Preventive Maintenance Jobs

Postby PJA » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:31 am

Kingfischer

This process is handled in different ways by different companies.

One thing to bear in mind is you legal/insurance/etc reporting requirements.

A couple of clients I have worked with have had agreement from the relevant governing bodies not to create notifications for planned maintenance work unless there was something wrong.

I would suggest you check on the impact of this change.
Pete A
www.pjas.com
PJA

Postby Kingfischer » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:21 pm

Thanks Pete.
Thanks,
KF
Kingfischer

Postby PGRaleigh01 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi KF-

Prometheus Group has a number of tools that may be able to meet your needs.

Here is a link to their resources page for more information: http://www.prometheusgroup.com/resources/
PGRaleigh01

Return to Logistics PM