This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Changing Priority Type for Orders

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

Changing Priority Type for Orders

Postby gun_sap » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:56 am

Folks,

In the Work Order, we can see only the Priorities of the default Priority Type PM. Planning to go for New Priority Type. In the customizing we can assign new Priority Types for Order Types. But, for the existing open Work Order, is it possible to assign the new Priority Type. Thanks...

Regards,
Muru
gun_sap

Re: Changing Priority Type for Orders

Postby PJA » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:39 am

gun_sap,

Once you change the Priority Type assignment to the order type, then it becomes active for all orders.

When accessing old orders, you may get an error saying that the priority setting no longer exists (depending on the differences between your priority types)
Pete A
www.pjas.com
PJA

Postby gun_sap » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:33 am

PJA,

Thanks for your reply...

While accessing the old Order(ECC6.0), I am not getting any error message and its showing the old priorities. But I want to assign the new priority type to the old order. There is no place to change the priority type in the order. Is there any other way to change the priority type for order.... Thanks...

Regards,
Muru
gun_sap

Postby hayls_b » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi -

I also have the same issue. The Priority Type in the existing orders cannot be changed by the end users.

ANyone have any suggestion how to update this in order to apply the new priority list?

HB
hayls_b

Postby OrangeStrawberry » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:57 am

Interesting question.

In the order, if you go to the Control view / tab you will see Priority Type being set as 'PM' or whatever it is in your system. Because of this I believe you are unable to change to the new priorities from the new priority type.

Unfortunately, in my system I have no access to ‘Carry Out a Mass Change’ in TCODE IW38 from menu click Order and then mass change at the bottom – I don’t know if this field will be available there for a mass change. It may not be but worth a quick check to rule it out.

Other than this, I don’t really know, if I find something I shall report back. Please do share the solution if you find it.

Cheers,

OrangeStrawberry
OrangeStrawberry

Return to Logistics PM