Plant Maintenance - Warranty

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

Guest_123

Plant Maintenance - Warranty

Post by Guest_123 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:20 am

Hello Experts

I have a specific query on Warranty in PM context. This is the scenario; I have equipment, which is covered under warranty on 2 accounts as below

1) The general warranty on the object, is valid for 1 year or 1000 run hours, whichever is earlier
2) The corrosion warranty on the same equipment is valid for 5 years irrespective of the 1st condition

How do I build in a relationship between the 2 conditions so that I have a warranty check on the object on these 2 accounts separately?

What I did was as follows
1) Created a Master warranty with 2 service items for General Warranty & Corrosion warranty
2) Assigned the same in the Eqpt master

but what is happening is that as soon as any one of the two service conditions expire the whole warranty becomes invalid even though my Corrosion warranty is still valid irrespective of any relation to the 1st service line item.

Could anyone throw more light on whether I am doing it right and on better ways to achieve the expected result?

Thanks in anticipation

AS

PJA

Warranties

Post by PJA » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:40 am

Guest_123,

You have found the hole in the functionality.

Unfortunately you cannot have independent start-dates for warranty items in the SAP standard R/3 systems.

However, I believe IS-AUTO and IS-A&D do have this functionality.

If you are not implementing either of the above Industry Solutions, then you will need to develop your own functionality.

didier

Post by didier » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:56 am

hello,

as Pete stated, SAP is not perfect. But there is a workaround (as long as the starting date is the same for the 2 warranties :

- create a master warranty with 2 services , each with a certain (and different) duration
- specify the master warranty in the Equipment or functional location
- use the customer exit BMG0002 (popup of warranty) to generate a meaningfull popup, taking into account the 2 services

Didier.
Last edited by didier on Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

didier

Post by didier » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:56 am

double posting deleted
Last edited by didier on Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

didier

Post by didier » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:59 am

double posting deleted

sgi

AND/OR option

Post by sgi » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:07 pm

In the warranty counters there is and /or option. If u select And even if one warranty item expires the warranty will expire. If you choose OR then after all items expire then the warrnty expires. I think so. Kindly check.

Rgds

SGI

didier

Post by didier » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:38 am

hello,

I'm afraid this is about 2 counters linked to one service, in which you can define an AND or an OR logic.

The basic question was about 2 services, each with his own counter

Didier

deepak.goel

Re: Plant Maintenance - Warranty

Post by deepak.goel » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:11 am

Guest_123 wrote:Hello Experts

I have a specific query on Warranty in PM context. This is the scenario; I have equipment, which is covered under warranty on 2 accounts as below

1) The general warranty on the object, is valid for 1 year or 1000 run hours, whichever is earlier
2) The corrosion warranty on the same equipment is valid for 5 years irrespective of the 1st condition

How do I build in a relationship between the 2 conditions so that I have a warranty check on the object on these 2 accounts separately?

What I did was as follows
1) Created a Master warranty with 2 service items for General Warranty & Corrosion warranty
2) Assigned the same in the Eqpt master

but what is happening is that as soon as any one of the two service conditions expire the whole warranty becomes invalid even though my Corrosion warranty is still valid irrespective of any relation to the 1st service line item.

Could anyone throw more light on whether I am doing it right and on better ways to achieve the expected result?

Thanks in anticipation

AS