This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

display long text in iw39

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

display long text in iw39

Postby sapnewbie56 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:09 am

Our maintenance team views work orders for a certain machine weekly using IW39. They want to view the long text in order to get a better history
of problems with the machine. Is there a solution to this that does not involve configuration? I am an end user with no configuration experience.
Thank you.
sapnewbie56

Postby PJA » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:09 am

sapnewbie56,

Not sure you can view the long text in IW39. This is probably because the text could be of indeterminate length i.e. how much of the text do you display!!!

You could check user-exit IWOC0004, but I don't think that will help :cry:

The fall-back option is to copy the IW39 program and include any additional fields required. You could call the program ZIW39 for ease of use.
Pete A
www.pjas.com
PJA

Long text in IW39

Postby MDipak » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:42 pm

Hi,

In IW39 you can add on column for long text. So you will get tick mark for the orders having long text in IW39.. Now select this order and upper side you will find button to see long text.

Hope probably it will help you upto some extent. Pls. conform whether your problem is resolved or not...

Regards,
MDipak
MDipak

display work orders in iw 39

Postby sapnewbie56 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:37 am

Thanks for the help. However, I think that what I am trying to accomplish is impossible in iw39. The users want everything on one screen, and the system does not allow for that. Thanks for your excellent suggestions.
sapnewbie56

Return to Logistics PM