This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Work Order Status

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

Work Order Status

Postby zdan » Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:07 am

Hi

Nice to see the site back on-line, but without previous posts i cannot search for previous posts, so appoligies if this has been raised before.

Maintenance Work Orders go through various assigned system status dependent of were they are in the cycle

once a work order is complete, the end user sets TECO 'technical completion' up till now i could see some point to this, but after installation of support packages an order with the status of TECO will now allow Goods issue of stock and non stock materials, confirmation of hours, new service entry sheets.

Question - Is this the understanding you have or have i missed something

All the documentation i have read states, the only thing possible for TECO'ed orders is Goods Receipts, lock and unlock & setting the deletion flag.

Thanks in Advance

zdan
zdan

Postby masimov » Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:26 am

Hi,
the meaning of the TECO status is TEchnical COmpletion, that is to say that you can still confirm hours, create entry sheets etc but you cannot, in example, take materials from warehouse...
If you want to lock completely the order you have to set the Business Completion.
Hope this can help you
M
masimov

Postby zdan » Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:49 am

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Accepting the fact that confirmations can take place, the abilty to issue materials from the warehouse is possible with the status TECO, a note to SAP resulted with them saying that this should be possible.

I was interested to see if others had the same issue. I personally think that additional postings should not be possible. interested to hear what others think

Zdan
zdan

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:42 pm

The config that we have set for our system does not allow extra issues of materials, goods receipts or SES. We have found this to be quite useful from a maintenance perspective, but for MM, it is can be a tedious chore to receipt goods that have arrived late for a work order. It basically involves them having to reverse the Teco, complete the GR, then re teco the order. I suggest if you don't have this capability, then to achieve, you will need to set the work order to the do not execute status. This will allow no further changes to the work order and is not reversable. I would be very careful going down this line of closure.

Postby bhartiaa » Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:26 am

Hi,

As all have stated, just for clarity - SAP will alow cost postings to the order even after it is TECO.

If you really want to stop it then try setting a user status which disallows Goods movement on TECO.
Regards,

Ashish
bhartiaa

Return to Logistics PM