delete view

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

delete view

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:46 am

Hi !

How can i delete a view in the material master?

Thanks for help!

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:25 pm

I encounter the same problem and posted the same question a while ago. I don't think there's a way you can delete a view but you may want to archieve the material you created and start all over again, mastering with only the views you need.

MMPP

Post by MMPP » Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:35 pm

You can delete views via ABAP, but it is a dangerous thing. We have been using a tool that deletes the accounting view, and managed to get MM and FI out of balance :twisted: until we learned that before doing that we needed to reduce inventory to zero.

So... I guess archiving is a better solution... if you haven't used the materials too much yet. I believe before you can archive a material all of the related docs need to be archived first... have fun...

MMPP :mrgreen:

Dartan

Post by Dartan » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:04 pm

Hello MMPP,

Just in case I encounter this problem from my clients in the future, I am interested to know exactly what the program does. Does it simply amend the maintenance status (PSTAT) of MARC (for your accounting voew case)? Or does the program also go to the MARC, MBEW tables for the accoutning view and delete the relevant info from the database tables? What else does the program do?

So does it mean that if you would have no problem had you zeroised your inventory before running this program?

Cheers.

MMPP

Post by MMPP » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:19 pm

Dartan,

The program deletes the records out of mbew. Again... I would not recommend that to anyone (it's probably against every sensible SAP rule).
There is a little interface that gives me the option to view the records without doing any harm yet.

Yes, if the inventory is zero, I can use that to delete and re-create the view. I have not found another way for example to change valuation categories (apart from creating a new material :shock: ).

I have to be careful with existing batches, purchase orders, delivery notes etc so it's not to be taken lightly.

MMPP :mrgreen:

Dartan

Post by Dartan » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:18 pm

Hello MMPP,

I totally agree with you that it is no joking matter taking this option. However, one time ot another, we do get request to do the impossible, so it is our responsibility to explore all options and articulate that to our clients.

Thanks for your insight.

Cheers.