WPDTC delivery time calculation issue

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

akrason

WPDTC delivery time calculation issue

Post by akrason » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:49 am

Hello,

I have an understanding issue about using WPDTC in a situation where I need to manage on a PO (whether schedulling agreement or not) several delivery schedule lines with delivery dates spread over a certain horizon much longer than the "normal" delivery time.

Will WPDTC always suggest that my supplier is always "worse than expected" beyond the first delivery?

I have the impression that the calculation rule always takes the creation date of the document as the starting date to determine the actual time needed to receive the 2nd, the 3rd, the 4th, etc. delivery schedule line.

If so, then how to avoid this side side effect making WPDTC not relevant for me?

Is the situation different if one uses scheduling agreement rather than purchase order to let the supplier know the future requirements dates?

Anyhow, we need to notify our suppliers about future (not firmed but forecasted) requirements so we maie sure they will have the necessary components available to us. If WPDTC cannot make such distinction then what alternative usage of SAP can I foresee?
Andrzej
ajkrason@gmail.com