This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

VV MRP type with STO demand.

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

VV MRP type with STO demand.

Postby Pristine » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:09 pm

Hello

My clients scenario us as below

- Wants to plan based on forecast
- Also wants to account for the demand that is being generated in the form of STO's.

For the first part, VV MRP type is a perfect fit. The issue comes when there is a demand coming in from another plant, i.e., an STO. When using VV MRP type, the system looks at the forecast that is generated but does not account for the demand coming out of the STO. Till the time the goods are issued out, which could take anywhere from a week to 10 days, VV MRP type thinks that it is still a part of its inventory and doesnt plan for that deficit. This is causing improper planning at the plant, often missing out on the correct procurement proposal.

Is there a way to account for both forecast and also demand coming in from the STO's together? I tried creating a z MRP type using VB and VV combinations, but that is not working a 100% either. While it plans for the demand from STO, it doesnt look at the forecast.

Any suggestions on this question would be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Pristine
Pristine

Re: VV MRP type with STO demand.

Postby Ha Tran » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:44 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, STO requirement has been considered by SAP as part of the external requirements which will only be taken into consideration in case of re-order point planning instead of forecast-based planning.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Return to Logistics MM