This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

PO Release Strategy Stopped Working (WORKING)

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

PO Release Strategy Stopped Working (WORKING)

Postby monty carlo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:29 am

I have an issue with PO release strategies and it's got me baffled. Nobody I've discussed it with so far has been able to help, and trawling through here hasn't shed any light either.

Here's the background ...
I created a release strategy by copying from an existing strategy, but using a new Release Group.
The relevant master data had been created and all had been successfully tested and moved to our UAT client where is was approved by the business.
Some weeks later it has suddenly stopped working and I think I can see the problem but I can't change it.
Incidentally, the strategies that already existed before I did my work continue to work without issue

Here's the details ...
In config: Materials Management > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Define Release Procedure for Purchase Orders > Release Strategies
I navigate to one of the groups/strategies that are failing and double-click to access the details
Then push the button Release Simulation
The release strategy displayed in the pop-up is not the same as when it was originally created (this is obvious when comparing to the source/copy-from reference). All obvious data (release prerequisites, Release statuses, Classification etc.) has been checked and is the same as the copy-from reference

The question to you is, how is this area updated? What will I have to change in order to update this detail?

Alternatively, does anybody know how I can interrogate the system to see what/how things have changed as this might prove useful

Regards
MC
monty carlo

Re: PO Release Strategy Stopped Working (WORKING)

Postby monty carlo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:32 am

I've no idea how, but this is suddenly working again - one of those infrequent Gremlin occurrences I think
monty carlo

Re: PO Release Strategy Stopped Working (WORKING)

Postby Trevorm » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:34 pm

Hi

what happens is when the old release strategies are deleted, they are deleted from
the top down instead of the bottom up. The system still has old release codes and there is an inconsistency
if you run program RCCLZUOB you will see the inconsistencies.

Regards

Trevor
Trevorm

Return to Logistics MM