This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Stock in Transit (Plant)

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Stock in Transit (Plant)

Postby bcudworth » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:48 am

I am doing some clean up in SAP. In MMBE I see a quantity under Stck trans.(plnt). We no longer use this Plant at all but that quantity remains there. I did some research and saw this might be due to a 2 step Plant to Plant transfer using a 303 and 305. I checked MB51 and we have never used these movement types. Any direction on how to get rid of this quantity hanging out there would be most appreciated.
bcudworth

Re: Stock in Transit (Plant)

Postby monty carlo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:05 am

Well I'm not 100% sure on how to adjust stock in transit, but off the top of my head I would suggest the most thorough method would be to either complete the transaction and write the stock off at the target location, or reverse it back to the source location and write it off there if possible (assuming all the posting periods are still open etc.)

Check the to/from details in transaction MB5T before you begin

Monty
monty carlo

Postby Ha Tran » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi,

I would be quite surprised that MB51 couldn't pick up the related transaction by which your erroneous transferred material was placed into stock in transit. As further action shall be logically carried out with reference to the original material document, I would suggest you to re-run MB51 report before taking any further stock transfer posting.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Postby Seany » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:24 am

It's possible that the original Material Documents are archived
Sean

I wish you good courage because courage will lead you to be a star and afraid will lead you to death. Be well and patient.

Return to Logistics MM