This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Enter price with MR21 without entering valuation type

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Enter price with MR21 without entering valuation type

Postby mdouglas » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:40 pm

Here is my scenario. When creating a new material with split valuation, we leave the moving average price blank as we don't know the price when the material master record is created. We also use the compatible unit (CU) functionality in plant maintenance. We use CU to estimate the material costs for a particular job before proceeding with the work. If this job requires one of the newly created split valuation materials, a price is not included in the estimated price generated by CU because it is blank in the material master. When selecting materials in CU, you cannot select the valuation type (new, used, etc.). This is where the issue arises. We've tried to enter a price for the material using MR21 but we are required to enter a valuation type but that price is not reflected in the CU estimated price.
My question is can I change the valuation type field in MR21 from a hard error (message CKPRCH023) to a warning message so I don't have to enter a valuation type? For materials designated as split valuation, we have 3 views. One when I don't enter the valuation type, one when I enter new and one for used. The price when the valuation type is not entered is the same as when I enter new as the valuation type.
If the message cannot be changed because it is a split valuation material, I'll have to create new material master records for these materials that aren't split valuation just for CU estimating.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
mdouglas

Re: Enter price with MR21 without entering valuation type

Postby Ha Tran » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi,

This message number was hard-coded as error status in the standard function module PRCH_CHECK_MR2X_BLANK.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Return to Logistics MM