This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Purchase Req: Add NCM Field for Brazil

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Purchase Req: Add NCM Field for Brazil

Postby monty carlo » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:05 am

Hello all,
Another Friday afternoon head-scratcher to think about (they must save them up during the week!)

We are currently using the Brazilian PO tab in our Purchase orders, which includes the NCM input field (J_1BNBM).
The users have asked for this field to also be made available in the Purchase Requisition (with optional/non-mandatory entry) that will be pulled through to the PO (we have a Brazilian specific Purch Req type)

Has anybody done this before? People around me are suggesting it might need ABAP requirements etc. but it sounds like the kind of thing that might be configurable - even though I haven't been able to find it.
Does anybody know how to do this? Or is development the way to go?

Thanks

Monty
monty carlo

Re: Purchase Req: Add NCM Field for Brazil

Postby monty carlo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:32 am

In case anybody is interested, I think I have the answer to this now

OSS note 1836886 appears to provide what I need, although I haven't actually done the work yet

MC
monty carlo

Re: Purchase Req: Add NCM Field for Brazil

Postby monty carlo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:08 am

Hmm. I applied the SAP note and it works up to a point. It will do what I expected it to do but it isn't possible to convert a correctly updated Purchase Requisition to a Purchase Order using transaction ME57 as the NCM code is not carried over. It does work for other transactions but apparently this is the one that the business need the most so I'll have to start digging again

Monty
monty carlo

Return to Logistics MM