This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Purch Req - Delivery Date, Request Date, Release Date

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Purch Req - Delivery Date, Request Date, Release Date

Postby sapfanatic.com » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:00 am

How do the Delivery Date, Request Date, Release Date of PR (Purchase requisition) get determined?

In my PR screen, Quantities/Dates tab there are 3 date fields:
1. Delivery Date
2. Request Date
3. Release Date

Given are:
--> I have material "MATERIAL1" in plant "1133" and the planned delivery time is 14 days and the GR processing time is 2 days. Note that the plant factory calendar has all days working days 7 days a week including public holidays are working days so it is easy to count the dates.
--> I have also PIR (purch info record) for the vendor, MATERIAL1, plant 1133, purch org combination which has planned delivery time of 3 days.
--> My purchasing dept processing time (via OMEW config) for that plant is 0 days.

Scenario 1
When I create a PR (with today's date of 12/01/2015) entering material, quantity and plant only, without the PIR, these dates are determined:
- Delivery Date: 12/15/2015
- Request Date: 12/01/2015
- Release Date: 12/01/2015
- Pl. Deliv Time: 14
- GR Proc. Time: 2

My question is: I understand why the delivery date is 12/15/2015 is because of plus 14 days of planned delivery time and system does not consider the GR processing time. But why is the release date the same as today's date?

Scenario 2
When I create a PR (with today's date of 12/01/2015) entering material, quantity, plant, fixed vendor, and purch org (so the PIR is automatically populated because of the data I entered), these dates are determined:
- Delivery Date: 12/15/2015
- Request Date: 12/01/2015
- Release Date: 12/12/2015
- Pl. Deliv Time: 3
- GR Proc. Time: 2

My question is: Looks like it still considers the material's planned delivery time of 14 days. So from today's date of 12/01/2015, it adds 14 days so it gives the final delivery date of 12/15/2015. Then the PIR has planned delivery time of 3 days so it gives the release date of 12/12/2015 from the final delivery date of 12/15/2015 minus 3 days. Can anyone explain this? I am not understanding why system behaves this way if there is PIR that is considers both in PIR and in material master. Please help me understand the system behavior.
sapfanatic.com

Return to Logistics MM