This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Service PO Delivery Compl Indicator Usage

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Service PO Delivery Compl Indicator Usage

Postby monty carlo » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:06 am

Hello all,
As ever with these things, we only ever tend post the tricky ones or the ones that fall into the knowledge gaps. For me this is both...

We have a long term problem with service purchase orders (SPO), which has been going for years before I got here.

Being as brief as I can; when a SPO is created with a single assignment, then when it comes to completing the document there is no issue.
However, when it is a SPO with multiple assignments it is not possible to close the document due to outstanding commitments.

As you will probably know, after completing the activities in [ML81n] it is expected that the originating SPO is subsequently updated and the delivery completion indicator (DCI) flagged. Once this flag is set it is expected to automatically trigger the auto clearing of any open commitments. This is where the process is falling over as the update to the DCI is not happening.

The open commitments issue has been investigated many, many times without success by different people from different functional areas over the years, and with nobody able to find the cause, a workaround has been introduced and accepted.

Before the workaround description though - the current settings for the SPO are as suggested by SAP (e.g. DCI not manually accessible).
(Setting this indicator to manually accessible is not off the agenda for a solution as long as there is a way of controlling who would be authorised to do it.)

The workaround we have requires that the helpdesk people are made aware of one of these tricky SPOs by the user trying to close/complete it.
The DCI flag is then manually applied directly in the table and then programme RKANBU01 is run to clear the open commitments.

Recently there has been a request to make the workaround more user friendly so that it can be given back to the business users to run as they are the ones doing the initial investigations and will know when the workaround needs to be triggered.

So the request is to try and come up with a solution that will ...
(1) Update the DCI. If this can be done directly in the SPO then it is likely that no subsequent action will need to be taken as it is believed that this will auto close the open commitments (can anybody confirm this?)

(2) Update the open commitments if not possible from the solution for step 1. Is there a transactional version of RKANBU01 perhaps?

I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts

Monty C
monty carlo

Re: Service PO Delivery Compl Indicator Usage

Postby Ha Tran » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:32 am

Hi,

When you are maintaining the SES (Service Entry Sheet), SAP provides you with the so-called ''Final Entry'' indicator and by setting this indicator, the DCI will be automatically updated in the Service PO. Isn't it what you are looking for?

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Postby monty carlo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:17 am

Hello HT
Thanks for the quick response.

That's a fair and obvious observation (also found in ref OSS 735404) but to be honest I am assuming that the Final Entry indicator is being used already, because the single assignment documents are being closed without issue. It's worth be verifying my assumption of course, but I'm reasonably sure they are already using this.

Regards
MC
monty carlo

Postby Ha Tran » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:28 am

Hi,

If the ''Final Entry'' functionality has already been used, I guess there are three work-around solutions I am thinking of -

1) Build the workflow solution in ML81N transaction so that once the business believes there won't be any more SES to be maintained, he / she can manually initiate the workflow which will send the workflow item back to the PO creator for manual setting of this DCI via ME22N transaction;
2) Build the background job which will run on the periodical basis to set the DCI in accordance with the pre-defined custom logic;
3) Change the configuration to open this field so that the business users are granted the ME22N access to set this field whenever it is required.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Postby monty carlo » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:32 am

Hi HT, thanks for continuing to put your brain to this

Your option 3 seems the easiest option and also mirrors my thinking, as setting the flag directly in the PO is expected to trigger the closure of the open commitments. I would love to know if this is true before I start, but if nobody can confirm then I guess I'll find out in testing.

Thanks again

MC
monty carlo

Postby Ha Tran » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:45 am

Hi,

Yes, it is obvious that the manual setting of this indicator checkbox via ME22N transaction will definitely close the open commitment.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Postby monty carlo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:22 am

Thanks for the verification HT
Now I just need to find time to test it ...
Regards
MC
monty carlo

Return to Logistics MM