This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Reschedule In Date Blank [Resolved]

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Reschedule In Date Blank [Resolved]

Postby monty carlo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:35 am

Hi all,
I have a user that has been using transaction MD4C for some time. Recently we did an update to EHP7 (ECC 6) and since then some of the lines returned in the report to be "rescheduled in" do not have a date proposed. It is still proposing some dates for some lines but not for everything.

Also, I noticed that there are no mixtures of dates and blanks for multiple examples of the same material (for clarity; where multiple requirements are reported for a material on a number of separate lines, there are no mixtures of proposed "rescheduled in" suggestions and "rescheduled in" blank dates. So a material will be either reported with a date or not. There's a chance I made that sound more complicated than it should have been - sorry!)

I'd appreciate hearing the thoughts of the masses on this one

Thanks
MC
monty carlo

Re: Reschedule In Date Blank [Resolved]

Postby monty carlo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:58 am

In case anybody is interested, I found the issue with this ... SAP is acting normally and the EHP7 reference was a red herring

The blank date field was generated because there was an inbound object (e.g. a PO) that was due on a specific date, but there were multiple requirements to be fulfilled from this receipt on different dates. Because of the multiple requirement dates SAP was not able to propose a unique date that would satisfy all the requirements. The expectation of the system is that the user will access the PO and distribute the total amount over all the requirements dates/quantities.
The reality is that the user will likely not split this up into many multiples of lines in the PO (in my case it was a PO quantity with requirements of single units so would have been very laborious to divide the quantity of 500 into 500 PO lines) so they will investigate each case on its individual merits

MC
monty carlo

Return to Logistics MM