This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Country of Origin in Batches

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Country of Origin in Batches

Postby PWNeiss » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:36 am

Hi Friends,
I'm looking for a way to transfer the Country of Origin, which is maintained in Material Master automatically in the Batch Master. This should happen during Goods receipt from Production and as well from Vendor.
I already created a Batch class and assigned the Characteristic LOBM_HERKL. The Country of Origin is maintained in Material Master and the Batch class assigned. During Goods receipt, the Batch was created, but no Value was transferred to the Batch Master.
Any idea, what's wrong here? SAP is talking about characteristics "SAP_SPE_COUNTRY_OF_ORIGIN" Has anybody an idea, what this is and where to find it?

Thanks you very much for your ideas

Paul
PWNeiss

Re: Country of Origin in Batches

Postby monty carlo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:36 am

Hello Paul,
Do you still need help with this?

I've done something like this before - there are a number of functional problems as you can imagine (transfers between countries, receipts from vendors etc.), but determining the country of origin from manufacturing is the easiest of the steps.

I will search through my records and get the low level details for you and post them here, but from what I remember, the solution I used (BADI/BAPI) does not use the material master record, and instead looks to the country of the manufacturing plant, which is then used in the batch record.

I'll post more when I find the docs - assuming you still need them?

Monty
monty carlo

Re: Country of Origin in Batches

Postby monty carlo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:19 am

Paul, I found the barest of details but if you search for info on this it should guide you more-or-less to what you need.

User exit EXIT_SAPLV01Z_013
monty carlo

Return to Logistics MM