This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

physical inventory for WM storage locations

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

physical inventory for WM storage locations

Postby sapfanus » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:37 pm

our requirement is such that we would like to manage and track material stock at bin level. We understand this can be achieved by implementing WM. However, when it comes to material counting/physical inventory, we do not want material tracking at bin level and in fact would be quite fine with just using the IM level physical inventory procedure i.e. MI01, MI04, MI07 etc. for WM active storage locations as well. is this even possible? and if yes, are there any financial implications of this practice?
does SAP only allow cycle count procedure in WMS? can difference still be posted with 701 and 702 instead of 711 and 712.

Thanks
sapfanus

Re: physical inventory for WM storage locations

Postby Amber_Sapper » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:28 am

Can you clarify material tracking? Do you mean batch management? serialisation ?

The process for physical inventory in WM is different, uses different transactions, as the physical inventory is at bin level. Any differences are then posted to IM so they're aligned.

It's possible to store a single bin on the Storage view of the material master, I've used this before in IM. It's just for information though there's no functionality behind it.
Amber_Sapper

Re: physical inventory for WM storage locations

Postby Seany » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:55 am

you cannot mix Physical Inventory (PI) between IM & WM. Once you assign a Plant Sloc to a Warehouse then you cannot use IM transactions to manage the PI process. In IM you have the option to define a single bin per storage location which can be copied into PI documents, picking lists etc.
Sean

I wish you good courage because courage will lead you to be a star and afraid will lead you to death. Be well and patient.

Return to Logistics MM