This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Vendor and PO Incoterms 1 and Incoterms 2

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Vendor and PO Incoterms 1 and Incoterms 2

Postby sapfanatic.com » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:23 am

Both in the vendor master and in the PO, the INCO2 field is a freeform text meaning you can enter any value you want. In vendor, whatever you enter in the INCO2 it ignores it because when you save it, it will still go back to what the actual description of INCO1 is. But if you do it in the Purchase order, it does not go back to the original desc of INCO1. Is there an explanation for this on why it was designed that way where INCO2 is a freeform text where you can enter any value you want? Is there also explanation why in PO it does not go back to the original INCO1 description?
sapfanatic.com

Re: Vendor and PO Incoterms 1 and Incoterms 2

Postby Frank Lai » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi

First of all, I have never had INCO2 being overwritten by description of INCO1 in MM or SD. Out of curiousity I tried it again on the system. INCO2 stays as what I entered when I display the vendor master after saving. So not sure what goes on in your system.

As to question why INCO2 is set up as a free form text, Part one of the INCO term is standardize which defines who pays for what while the second defines the location ( ie CPT Port of New York - Carriage Paid to - Seller arranges/pay for Carriage to Port of New York). The location could vary from one transaction to the next which is why INCO2 is a free form text.

Frank
Frank Lai

Re: Vendor and PO Incoterms 1 and Incoterms 2

Postby sapfanatic.com » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:44 am

Thanks frank. now i found the reason why. there's user exit applied in our system.
sapfanatic.com

Return to Logistics MM