This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

MB1B Movement 541 Referencing Purchase Order

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

MB1B Movement 541 Referencing Purchase Order

Postby sapfanatic.com » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:08 pm

I noticed that in the old version of SAP 4.6C, referencing from Purchase order the MB1B movement type 541 is still allowed. But from 4.7 and higher up to ECC version, it does not allow to reference that movement type 541 from Purchase order anymore, giving you error "Combination of movement type 541 and function selected not possible".

We find it very helpful to use MB1B and reference from PO because it automatically loads all the components from that PO and we can have a clear view on what are the components and quantity we need to transfer to our subcontractor vendor. how can we make it work to be able to reference from Purchase order the movement 541 via MB1B in SAP ECC 6.0 version?
sapfanatic.com

Re: MB1B Movement 541 Referencing Purchase Order

Postby Ha Tran » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:49 am

Hi,

If you are in ECC6.0 version, you should consider the use of business function LOG_EAM_ROTSUB and LOG_EAM_ROTSUB_2 for which you can use the standard ADSUBCON or ME2ON transaction to post 541 goods issue with reference to your subcontract PO (or ''LB'' Subcontract Delivery).

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Postby sapfanatic.com » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:23 pm

But how come in version 4.6 you can reference from PO via MB1B?

how do I install the business function you mentioned Ha Tran?
sapfanatic.com

Postby Ha Tran » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:05 am

Hi,

Firstly, you can use ME2O transaction to enable the 541 goods issue for each and every subcontract PO. Secondly, you can use Transaction SFW5 to activate the business function. However, I would suggest you to ask your in-house developer / Basis to turn it on as the functional consultant normally does not have the authority to do it.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Return to Logistics MM