This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Storage location inventory blocking

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Storage location inventory blocking

Postby MMPP » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:45 pm

Hey guys, wondering if you had suggestions for this scenario. Seems simple enough, but...

I am trying to keep folks from doing PIA's in a specific SLOC. Yep, that's it. I don't want to block materials, or do inventory and block movements during that inventory, or delete an SLOC, or block all movements.
Just don't allow 701-704 movements for a given SLOC. So simple.

Why? It is used for consignment inventory, and we want to prevent folks from doing adjustments to the vendor inventories.

Ideas? I am poking around in security settings, but it's very clumsy, as I can't seem to EXclude SLOCs, and listing all existing SLOCs for every plants is really not a solution.
MMPP

Re: Storage location inventory blocking

Postby Ha Tran » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:45 am

Hi,

The simplest and standard solution is to control it via security setting which is supported by the related configuration to allow the authorization check at the storage location level. However, if it becomes so tedious that much efforts and times are required to populate allowed storage location values for stock movements for each and every plant, then I guess the BAdI activation is the option to consider.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Re: Storage location inventory blocking

Postby MMPP » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:37 pm

Thanks for your response HT! For some reason I am not getting notifications for thread responses anymore.

Maintaining SLOCs via security is probably something I would want to avoid, even though it's a bit of job security. :P

Could you be a bit more specific in the BAdI activation? Are you talking about a specific user exit for MI01?
MMPP

Return to Logistics MM