This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Info record adoption question

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Info record adoption question

Postby MMPP » Fri May 01, 2015 5:20 pm

Hey all,

I have a question about purchasing info records. It appears that when a particular plant (A) creates an info record, at the same time a client-wide info record is created. Plant A enters some specific information into the "Purchase Order Text" in the info record, which is then adopted into purchase orders.
However, when plant B creates a PO for that vendor and item, if they don't have a plant specific info record, the generic one is used. AND the plant specific Purchase Order Text from the info record from Plant A is defaulted into the info record text of the plant B PO.

Is there a setting to prevent that? I was able to prevent that by specifically deleting the client-wide info record. But that doesn't seem like the right solution.
MMPP

Re: Info record adoption question

Postby Sharpshooter » Mon May 04, 2015 6:25 am

Check customising in OMFI and make sure you have the proper value configured and assigned to all users in parameter EVO. See OSS note 202173.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby MMPP » Mon May 04, 2015 10:12 am

Thank you very much for your response, I will do some testing with the different options in OMFI, and study the OSS note as well.

This seems to apply more to info record updates. Let me try to rephrase my specific issue -

How can I prevent PO texts from info records created in plant A from being adopted in purchase orders in plant B?
MMPP

Postby Sharpshooter » Mon May 04, 2015 5:45 pm

OK - I thought you were trying to prevent the plant-independent inforecords from being created in the first place.
You could configure plant B to require a source list, thus forcing users to create their plant-specific inforecorder before creating a PO.
There is also BAdI ME_CHECK_SOURCES where you could possibly prevent the use of the plant-independent inforecord. I've not used this one, though so I'm not sure.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby MMPP » Mon May 04, 2015 5:49 pm

No, the plant-specific info records are fine. It's the purchasing org level that defaults into plants that don't have an info record created.

Source lists, nah, we have many plants, many many vendors, and many more materials. They always change, and it would be a maintenance nightmare.

My solution so far has been to delete the texts in the generic info records. I was hoping there would be a more elegant solution.

I will check the BADI... thanks again for trying! :)
MMPP

Postby MMPP » Tue May 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Argh. There is a lot of config involved. OMFI. Default values for purchasers. User parameters EVO T160V. T001W KKOWK, SPINF. EINA EINE EKPO EIPA. Could it be any more complicated?

Just going to have a cleanup program that deletes the offensive texts in the sales org level info records.
MMPP

Return to Logistics MM