This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Source of Supply Information Doesn't Appear in PR item Chang

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Source of Supply Information Doesn't Appear in PR item Chang

Postby saali » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:03 am

Dear all,

We are using ECC 6.0. I have noticed that Source of Supply Information (i.e. agreement, fixed vendor) are removed (became blank) from a PR item. But this change doesn’t appear in the item changes log of PR. We want to know that who is removing and how it is happening.

Please help.

Regards,
Sali
saali

Re: Source of Supply Information Doesn't Appear in PR item Chang

Postby Ha Tran » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi,

Did you manually assign the source of supply information to your PR in the ''Source of Supply'' tab, save your PR and then go back and manually remove them before hitting ''save'' again? Did you get the same problem after doing so? What I thought was perhaps, the source of supply information was retrieved by selecting ''Assign Source of Supply'' icon in the ''Source of Supply'' tab in the PR. Yet, the actual selection of such fixed source did not happen.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Postby saali » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:24 am

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have investigated further and found the reasons. Here I am writing for your kind information.

Source of supply was assigned through program "RM06BZ10".
Removal of source of supply is happening due to MRP. When there is change of requirements in a material, the MRP overwrights previous PR (if not released) and removes the source of supply information which doesn't appear in the change log of PR item. We have reviewed the source list and started entering "“1-Record Relevant to MRP“ in the MRP field of source list. Now MRP doesn't remove source of supply information.

Thanks again and regards,
Sali
saali

Postby Ha Tran » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi,

It is unfortunate that even though your solution seems fixing the issue of unexpected removval of the source of supply, it does not actually fix the root cause of your problem. Basically, if your PR is not firm after MRP run, in the event there is a change in the stocking situation (new reservation, for instance), the next MRP run will automatically delete the existing PR and replace it with the new one (of the same number). It is, however, ''fortunate'' that with the assignment of ''1'' to the source list record, the same source of supply is determined and defaulted to your new PR. As a result of it, despite of the fact the source of supply seems not being changed, it is apparent that the existing PR was deleted and removed with the new one. Yet, if you check in your PR, you can see that there is a change in the PR item quantity which originated from the stocking situation revision.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Return to Logistics MM