This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Auto Repeat Account Assignment

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Auto Repeat Account Assignment

Postby pkasa12 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi,

We have a requirement to automatically enter GL and cost center on all lines in a Requisition. I don't see Auto Repeat icon on account assignment tab. How can we make it appear.

Thanks
PK
pkasa12

Re: Auto Repeat Account Assignment

Postby Ha Tran » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi,

When you are maintaining your purchase requisition line item, branch to the ''Account Assignment'' tab where you will click on the so-called ''Repeat On'' icon before entering the cost object. This cost object will automatically be copied into the next purchase requisition line item upon further maintenance.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Postby pkasa12 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:43 am

Thanks HaTran
pkasa12

Postby pkasa12 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:57 am

HaTran,

I tested this and i noticed when i have plant value in default setting then the plant value is populated into all lines. Now if i enter GL account on first line and click on Repeat on icon it is not repeating these values on other lines. Where as if i take out plant from default values and create a req and enter GL on first and now click on repeat on icon then it is populating values to other lines. But in this case i have to manually enter plant parameters on all lines.

Is this the way it works or in our system it is happening. We are on ECC 6.0

Thanks
Padma
pkasa12

Postby Ha Tran » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi,

I tried in my system and did not get the same problem (probably due to the fact that we have configured the automatic account assignment determination). Perhaps, you can either get your developer to debug your system or log an OSS message to SAP for their further investigation. My thought was that this is very much likely the standard system behavior since the plant location is considered as one of the influencing factor to determine the G/L account.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Return to Logistics MM