ME59 automatic conversion of non-stock PR to PO possible?

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

ollkk

ME59 automatic conversion of non-stock PR to PO possible?

Post by ollkk » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:17 am

Hi

I have multiple users raising mostly non-stock Purchase Requisitions. I don't have any PIRs set up because I don't have material codes so I put in the Desired Vendor as my vendor.

When the purchasing administrator tries to convert the Requisitions using ME59, I get a "no suitable requisitions found"

Is it possible to use ME59 for these? It is very inefficient for the administrator to have to create POs from PRs manually all the time.
Thanks,

Oll

svetja

Re: ME59 automatic conversion of non-stock PR to PO possible?

Post by svetja » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:47 pm

if you want use auto PO functionality, then you must have good data in your system, as auto PO means creating a PO without any user intervention.

From where do you think you an get a price ?
the vendor master does not have any price, so you can only get it from a contract or an info record.

How do you find the right source (source in sense on info record or contract, not just a vendor number)?
usually via a source list, or a manual source assignment in the PR.

I am certain it is possible to create a auto PO for an item without material number if you have a contract as source.
Search before posting: search.php

ollkk

Post by ollkk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:53 am

Hi Svetja

I have put in the "Desired Vendor" and put in a valuation price. When I create a PO manually by copying in the PR, it uses these as the vendor and price without any intervention so I thought ME59 would be the same.

My users are buying a lot of non-stock items and the prices vary so I don't know how a contract would work.
Thanks,

Oll

svetja

Post by svetja » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:15 am

to adopt PR valuation as PO price, you have to customize functional authorization in OMET
Search before posting: search.php