PO change to trigger PO blocking below values (ANSWERED)

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

roos

PO change to trigger PO blocking below values (ANSWERED)

Post by roos » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:00 am

Hi

I have one release strategy which is

(1) Block purchase orders with a value greater than 5000 GBP.

My question is can I get the system to block purchase orders which have been changed in value by over 100% that are less than 5000GBP.

Example

I have a purchase requisition which has come through for 100 GBP and I convert it to a PO - if the user changes the price to 250 GBP I want it to block since it is a change of over 100%.

Is this possible?

Regards,

roos
Last edited by roos on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suggestion - Can authors please mark posts as 'FIXED'/'RESOLVED' using edit button in original post when happy.
Appreciate Courtesy.

svetja

Re: PO change to trigger PO blocking below values

Post by svetja » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:06 am

I think with help of user exit it may be possible, even I dont undertand what sense it makes to not care about POs with a value below 5000, but then want to release a PO that was changed in value from 10 to 20.
if it was a 20 from the beginning, then you do not care, why then doing this effort if someone made a small mistake in this low value range?
Search before posting: search.php

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi Roos,

Yes, it is technically feasible. I have built it in my previous company where an custom error message popped up if the PO item net price is 10% in excess of that of PR line item and it functioned satisfactorily without using release strategy customization.

Cheers,
HT

roos

Post by roos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:28 am

Thanks Guys

It is mainly for people who place requisitions for less than the requisition approval amount and then the buyers change it to a higher price - it is a way of skippinig past the requisition approval step so is a way of locking down that loophole.

Kind regards,

roos
Suggestion - Can authors please mark posts as 'FIXED'/'RESOLVED' using edit button in original post when happy.
Appreciate Courtesy.