WM - Negative stock for blocked stock (S)?

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

The Prince Of Darkness
Location: Either on a train or in a pub (if neither, arguing with an Eastern Block work colleague)

WM - Negative stock for blocked stock (S)?

Post by The Prince Of Darkness » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 am

LT01 -> Mvmt type 999

Perhaps a simple question, but is it default behaviour that you cannot allow blocked stock to go negative?

We have configured a storage type to allow negative stock, and it works fine for unrestricted, but not blocked (Status "S"). Was wondering if there is some config where you can not only specify the storage type to allow negative, but also a combination of the storage type AND stock status?
Former SAP PM, looking to move in Lawn Mower business

svetja

Re: WM - Negative stock for blocked stock (S)?

Post by svetja » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:43 am

I have no problem to create negative stock in blocked stock status.

I have not seen any standard setting to restrict negative stock for certain stock statuses.
MAybe it is has to do with message settings.
What message do you get?
Search before posting: search.php

The Prince Of Darkness
Location: Either on a train or in a pub (if neither, arguing with an Eastern Block work colleague)

Post by The Prince Of Darkness » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:25 am

I think the blocked stock was a red herring - with the help of my MM man, I have (hopefully) worded the issue a bit better - let me know if I should start a new topic.

Bin A1 - has 5 unrestricted of mat. ABC & 2 unrestricted of XYZ - these materials look similar.

Bin B1 - Empty

Warehouse man physically moves all the contents of Bin A1 to Bin B1. On the system he uses LT01 to (erroneously) move 6 ABC's to bin B1.

We want the system to error saying "You only have 5 of ABC - check entries” (or similar) - all that happens is the target qty is adjusted to 5 and the TO is created. This is very easy to miss.

This can easily go unnoticed thus leading to stock being physically in a different bin compared to the system. – ie physically Bin B1 has 5 of ABC and 1 of XYZ, but on the system there is 5 ABC in Bin B1 and 1 XYZ still in Bin A1
Former SAP PM, looking to move in Lawn Mower business

svetja

Post by svetja » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:41 am

in IMG > LE > WM > master data > define storage type
you must not allow negative stocks for the storage type where bin A1 is in.
Search before posting: search.php