Reorder level not calculated in Automatic reorder planning

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

Anandj

Reorder level not calculated in Automatic reorder planning

Post by Anandj » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:47 am

Hi

I am creating a new material with MRP type "VM" (Automatic reorder level planning ) without giving any re-order level and safety stock. I am also giving the consumption value for the last three periods ( 01 , 02 and 03 -2010) in the forecast view. I have executed forecast in MP30 and the system forecast the value for next 12 periods. I am expecting the system to automatically calculate re-order level/ safety stock and update the same in material master . When I checked in Material master , re-order level and safety stock values are not updated . I have also checked customization for VM and found that automatic update for re-order level and safety stock are checked.

Can some one help me to check and fix this issue if I am doing any thing wrong .

with regards,
Anandj

kwindle

Re: Reorder level not calculated in Automatic reorder planning

Post by kwindle » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:21 am

Try adding a service level on the MRP2 tab. I'm not real familiar with MRP type VM, but with V2, the service level is used to determine reorder points and safety stock. Enter a percentage from 1 to 99 based on how often you are willing to be out of stock. The higher the number, the more inventory you will keep on hand.

Hope this helps.

Ha Tran

Re: Reorder level not calculated in Automatic reorder planning

Post by Ha Tran » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi,

First of all, MP30 transaction is only used for calculation of forecast requirements given the forecast models, forecast parameters setting together with historical consumption data. BTW, did you check if the automatic calculation of re-order point and safety stock indicator checkbox is activated in MRP Type?

Cheers,
HT