Permanently change output device in older purchase orders

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

sherlock

Permanently change output device in older purchase orders

Post by sherlock » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:03 pm

hi,

we had a printer(output device) go bad and a new output device has been installed and the purchasing group output device updated. Since then all new orders and changes to those new orders have gone to the new output device. However changes to orders created prior to the change still point to the original defunct output device. I know i can change the output device at the time of change, but it is inefficient for the buyer to have to check her orders everytime she makes a change to see if it is going to the correct printer.

Is there any way these older orders output device can be changed so that the next change order will automatically go to the new output device?

any suggestions welcome

Ha Tran

Re: Permanently change output device in older purchase orders

Post by Ha Tran » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi,

A couple of questions to clarify your current settings -

1) In configuration of ''assigning message schema to purchase order'', did you flag on the ''new message determination process for changes message'' indicator checkbox?
2) Did you activate the ''multiple transmission'' indicator checkbox for your PO message type in Transaction M/34?
3) Did you default any printer in your condition record?

Cheers,
HT

sherlock

Post by sherlock » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:25 am

HT,

Thanks for the direction. To answer your questions,
1) no additional settings in ''assigning message schema to purchase order'' just base Usage B Ouptut,
Application EF Purchase order and Procedure RMBEF1.
2) If you are talking about "define message types for purchase order" where the access sequence is set, "Mulitple issue" is not selected. i am in 4.7 and TCode M/34 does not exist.
3) I do not have any printer defaults set in the condition records.

Thank you for looking.

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi,

Can you send the screen shots of your PO message type settings together with your condition record maintenance to my e-mail address ha.tran@rcrtom.com.au?. I will take a further look into it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers,
HT

new2sapfans

Post by new2sapfans » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:45 pm

What you are asking is to change the NAST-LDEST (destination device) for all the POs where the output is not processed.
As far as I know, that is only possible via a program or via update to table NAST.

It should be easy for you to figure out how many such cases are there.
Pull up NAST entries in SE16 where the
KAPPL = EF and KSCHL = "your output type" and VSTAT = 0